Friday, March 6, 2009

New print by Ernesto Yerena Las Ganas Son Gratis on sale



Here is what Ernesto had to say about it.

This new print titled Las Ganas Son Gratis is based on a photo I shot last year in East LA (Boyle Heights) along Cesar Chavez Blvd. The phrase and name of the piece "Las Ganas Son Gratis" translates to "motivation/desire is free", which is a message to all those that think that they cant do what they want because of excuses. A lot of my Mexican/Amercian and Chicano people and just people in general suffer from conformity and never take a chance to reconsider their success level. To me success is not measured in money or how dope your ride is but just doing what I wish on my own terms regardless of funds. Everyone has their own perspective of what success means to them but some people let excuses get in their way of meeting that success. I come across a lot of friends and even people in my family who rather work their retail job that go to college and really chase their dreams just because they feel like they don't have enough money to goto school or they think they are going to fail or just random excuses. To them I say "Las Ganas Son Gratis". If you want to go to school, buy a house, or even change the world, just use some Ganas and start working towards that eventually it will become reality. The reason I chose this portrait to illustrate is because I felt that this musician really does what he wants, being a street musician in East LA is not the most common or traditional way of getting by but that doesn't seem to scare this guy. Just 2 weeks ago I went to East LA and i saw him walking down Cesar Chavez with his instrument and I was inspired to make a piece from the photo I had shot a year in advance. Thanks for bearing with me on the preachyness but thats the truth behind this print.

Specs: Exactly 18x24 inches
4 Color BLACK,RED,METALLIC GOLD, YELLOW
Edition of 40
65USD shipped domestically

Email him at hechoconganas@yahoo.com to purchase one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in