Issue 102 of Juxtapoz Magazine, the Brazil Issue, reviews the contemporary art scene in Brazil. To celebrate its 10th Anniversary, and to coincide with Juxtapoz’s Brazil Issue, Upper Playground is giving away a paid trip to São Paulo, Brazil. The trip includes:
• Round trip plane tickets for two to São Paulo, Brazil;The São Paulo Super Summer trip will be scheduled for early August. To enter, fill out the registration form online. The winner can take a friend so the more friends you tell to enter, the more chances you have to win. The contest is open for 2 weeks and a winner will be announced on Wednesday, July 8th. For details, rules and more information please visit the Upper Playground website.
• 4 nights at a hotel in São Paulo, Brazil;
• Day tour of São Paulo with local artists William and Herbert Baglione;
• Private tour of the Choque Cultural (Culture Shock) Gallery with the curators;
• $500 Upper Playground Online Store Gift Certificate;
• There is only one Grand Prize and one winner who can choose a travel guest.
Upper Playground: http://www.upperplayground.com
Juxtapoz Magazine: http://www.juxtapoz.com
Choque Cultural: http://www.choquecultural.co.
Herbert Baglione: http://upperplayground.com/
William Baglione: http://baglione.blogspot.com/
About Upper Playground:
Based in San Francisco, CA, Upper Playground is the leader in today’s progressive art movement with its innovative apparel and accessories line and art galleries. Since 1999, Upper Playground has been recognized as a catalyst for the fusion of fashion with fine art. UP apparel and accessories are designed by local and international artists including Sam Flores, Jeremy Fish, Estevan Oriol, David Choe, and Alex Pardee. The Upper Playground collection is sold in over 300 boutiques worldwide and online. In addition, Upper Playground has stores and galleries in San Francisco, Berkeley, Sacramento, Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle, New York, Mexico City and London.
About Herbert Baglione:
“The basis of my work is speaking about the coldness and competitiveness present in people. I like to be ironic about individuality and death, and the paths in which to reach or escape these themes. I find it funny when I walk on the streets and see people with their eyes open but dead inside. This makes me think and wonder if I’m still alive.”
About William Baglione:
William Baglione is the Guest Editor of the Juxtapoz Brazil issue. He is a Brazilian-based independent curator and also represents Herbert Baglione, Tinho, Flip, Sesper, Flavio Samelo, and Thais Beltrame. Baglione has curated events in Brazil, Chile, Argentina, France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, the United States, England and Japan. He also curates the Youtube channel, BaglioneTV.
About Choque Cultural:
Choque Cultural (Culture Shock) is a contemporary art gallery based in São Paulo with strong links to underground culture, showing pop, outsider & young art in original style. Since 2004, Choque Cultural has a remained a safe harbor for artists coming from different places such as tattoo art, graffiti, graphic design and illustration. Based in the heart of São Paulo, the gallery is an ever-changing space with a rich program of exhibitions and installations across three floors. Choque has an important role in valuing new art forms, which have developed on the street or from street culture. Its secret is the respect it has for the artists, even if they don't have a conventional professional background, or their proposals are sometimes subversive.