Friday, May 11, 2012

Theatre Bizarre Architect John Dunivant Pays Homage To The Cramps With Human Fly Print On Sale

 Grown out of his love of roadside attractions, odditoriums, mystery spots and the like, Dunivant is driven to recapture the childhood wonder and danger he felt each summer in the musty corners of those shabby, cinderblock buildings that stand just off of the beaten path.

"The piece was created for said show, the lyrics I chose were "I'm an unzipped fly and I don't know why", "I got 96 tears in my 96 eyes" from "Human Fly" by The Cramps. These Human Fly's have been appearing in my work for a while and are little delinquents. The more-human of the two brothers was always jealous of his sister's ability to fly and all of the attention she received so he enjoyed torturing her. The older brother has his finger hanging out because it's what Lux would do. Or, he'd probably just have his dick out, but I thought this was funnier." - John Dunivant

View the Original Piece which is still currently available at 323East.com - Lyric 2012

Each print will be hand-finished with multiple layers of varnish by John Dunivant

14 x 14 Archival Pigment Print on 230 gsm Paper W/ Varnish Finishing

On sale at 1xRun.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in