Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Nathan Ota Birds of Play Print On Sale Today


 "I have been painting birds out of my head for a long time and this is a first painting where I actually used reference and painted star patterns on the chest of the birds. I usually stay away from reference photos because I don't like to be held up on relying on photos unless it is really necessary. This painting is a first for me in many ways. My recent collaborations with Risk has really opened my eyes to be more free and let things just happen. This is most evident in the background. I originally started sketching in my book of birds from photos and it just came to life after I did the other bird. I decided to do a play of words from Birds of prey to "Birds of Play" 2 birds not having a worry in the world and just having fun. Something I wish I could do more often. The original is painted on panel with acrylics. I start my surface with about 4-5 layers of gesso and about 2-3 thin layers of texture paste before I get started with my painting. I'm very particular about my surface and it always has to be just right. My paintings always start from dark to light where my shadows stay transparent with glazes and I gradually work my lights to opaque. The original painting will be in an upcoming show of mine. " - Nathan Ota 

Birds of Prey is 16 x 20 Inches Archival Pigment Print on 330gsm Fine Art Paper with an edition of 50

This RUN comes signed, numbered and with a Certificate of Authenticity from Nathan Ota and 1xRUN

On Sale today at Noon EDT at 1xRun.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in