Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Adam Caldwell Cauldron Print Release Today



Back with 1xRUN for his second RUN Adam Caldwell brings us Cauldron.

"This piece was created in the early months of this year. I really like this piece, especially the composition. It was painted using oil on canvas, pretty much my standard technique. This piece will be in a show opening July 13th at Thinkspace gallery in Los Angeles called “Reflections of a New Generation” which includes Joram Roukes, Ekundayo and myself.

This piece is part of a series I am doing that combines history, advertising images, and conventional representations of women. In this painting I completely finished the central figure to a high degree of detail and then destroyed it by pouring thinner on the canvas and scraping off about 90% of what I had done. I then repainted details and destroyed several times, until I had a balance of rendered detail and spontaneous paint marks. It was a painful process; letting go of that finished looking figure painting, but its helping me become a more spontaneous and braver artist." - Adam Caldwell

This print is 14 x 18 Inches Archival Pigment Print on 300gsm Museum Natural Fine Art Paper with signed and numbered edition of 40

On sale today at NOON EDT at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in