Thursday, July 4, 2013

Todd Slater The Lumineers Sasquatch Music Festival Poster




I mentioned this on Twitter last night when Todd Slater put them up, finally posting here about this beautiful poster for the The Lumineers.

Todd on the design of the poster
The Lumineers' music has a intimate simplicity that I respond too. Before seeing them perform live, I pictured the band performing among nature. My goal was to recreate that feeling I had listening to their lyrics, which at times read like a fable, so I decided to create my own cautionary tale for this print. The idea came to mind while Kristie and I were watching our own children sleep. There's a peacefulness to their rhythmic breathing and relaxed expressions. What is a fable without an element of danger? The snake that surrounds the fox is representative of the impending dangers that we all encounter throughout our lives. I know that eventually they will venture out on their own without our protection.

The poster is 24 x 18 and 6 colors with a signed and numbered edition of 150.

He does not have many left and this is one not to miss, buy it at ToddSlater.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in