Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Chris McAlister Discarnate Print Release




OG Sketch

It always brings a smile to my face when I receive an email from a new artist. One that can paint, uses a pencil and has an original idea for his work instead of regurgitating the same tired pop culture images. Chris McAlister out of the blue sent me an email about his new print Discarnate.

I asked Chris about the print :

The design was based off of a sketch I made (ballpoint pen in 4"x6" sketchbook) while I was waiting on a client to show up for a meeting. Essentially out of boredom....The original had flames (replaced with bees) and a mandala style background (replaced with honeycomb patter). I was approached by Jinxi Cadell to do several illustrations for an upcoming book "Antennae of Inspiration" published by her company "Out of Step" books. I submitted a painting and an illustration but I had reworked the ballpoint pen sketch to fit for her book and unfortunately didn't have time to get a third drawing in. So I continued to finish it on my own time and decided to make a print due to the positive response I got from it.

Details about the print
14"x14" 2 color screen
edition of 10 on Kraft French paper
edition of 30 on Steel Blue French Paper
 
Buy them HERE and be sure to check out his other work as well

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in