Thursday, August 1, 2013

ESSAM Drone Campaign #3 Print Release Details


 New York artist ESSAM is back with 1xRUN with a new Drone print.

"For this piece I was inspired by the imagery from George Orwell’s, 1984, which I read in high school as most Americans do, and as most young Americans never imagined that world could exist, outside maybe under the rule of Hitler or Mussolini. Well… years later I feel like I live in that world. I wonder if it’s still required reading…

The project was originally intended to just consist of the two iPod inspired drone Public Service Announcements, but as I came closer to pulling the trigger on the project I decided that the conversation should be a bit broader. I designed this to not only include the same administrators of tyranny as the others but I wanted to illustrate that these policies almost always originate with the highest echelons of government and we as a whole march solidly in step with these decisions. Few people have questioned the “Ring of Steel” much less draw comparison to historic examples of similarly invasive programs and the effects they have had." - ESSAM

This print is 21 x 39 Inches 5-Color Screen Prints on 5-Color Screen Prints On Heavyweight Cotton Paper with a signed and numbered edition of 100

On sale Thursday at NOON EDT at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in