Friday, August 2, 2013

Mars-1 Afterthought Print Release





"This painting had to do with some ideas that I was experimenting and playing with the fuzzy logic of the geometric and self undulating, mutating shapes. I began pushing and pulling organic shapes and rigid geometric shapes. What the sphere symbolizes in this piece is the relationship between the natural and unnatural and where they overlap . As far as something unique about this piece, I actually referenced a model for the spherical shape in the top center of the painting, which is something that I very rarely do. Rarely do I use direct reference for a painting, but in this case, I loved the shape so much, and it's complex nature, it seemed that would be the only way to truly stay closer to it's mathematical form. The original piece was painted using acrylic on linen and was in my 2011 solo show at Jonathan Levine titled, "Afterglow."- Mars1

Afterthought is a 28 x 24 Inches Archival Pigment Print on 310gsm Fine Art Paper with a signed and numbered edition of 40

On sale Friday August 2 at NOON EDT at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in