Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Secret of NIMH Poster by Mark Lone Release Details from Odd City



Odd City Entertainment is excited to announce a very limited licensed run of legendary animator Don Bluth’s classic animated adventure fantasy film, Secret of NIMH. The print evokes childlike wonder in an illustrative scene with Mrs. Brisby, a magical amulet called “The Stone”, Nicodemus, Great Owl and other fantastical imagery of the classic, NIMH. This limited edition movie poster will be printed in 10 colors with 3 metallic inks.

Mark Lone, the poster's artist, shared his inspiration, "Being a fan of 80's animation, I must admit, I wore out my VHS tape of The Secret of NIMH, my favorite Don Bluth movie. I learned so much during the process of making this piece while studying as much as I could from the movie concept sketches and character designs (some even by Don himself). I realized after starting this print that I have always drawn owls (and I have drawn a few of owls) very dark and ominous, much like "the great owl"... it was at that point I recognized how much this movie had impacted my artistic style subconsciously, even when I was a kid. So thank you to everyone involved with the making of such a great movie."

A regular edition will only be released for this print with a very limited run size of 140 and measures 36 x 24 inches.

Release and Purchase Information:

The Odd City Secret of NIMH print will drop on Thursday, August 8th at a random time via the Odd City web store. Follow them on Twitter @OddCityNews, like them on Facebook and sign up for their Newsletter to receive the sale announcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in