Wednesday, September 4, 2013

David Welker Muse, Moe.Down, Melvins and Queen of Brains Print Release Details

David Welker is back from his European Vacation and is dropping 4 new posters today.


Melvins 30th Anniversary Tour Philadelphia Show Poster
Hand Pulled 3 Layer Screen Print 15x21" Edition of 70
You asked and now here it is. The wrath of Clarence the Clown has descended like a guitar pick lodged in your frontal lobe.



Moe.Down Fourteen
6 Layer Screen Print 12x24" with a very cool metallic copper that pops like crazy in person.
Signed AP Edition 
 

Muse 2013 Fall Tour Poster
4 Layer Screen Print 16x22"
Signed AP Edition 
David on the design: While traveling though Germany & Poland this Summer I was called upon to create a Fall tour poster for the Rock Superstars Muse. Naturally I said yes and with the Berlin art scene fresh in my mind I set pencil to paper on the train from Berlin to Gdansk. When I arrived I had this design and I finished the ink in my hotel on the Baltic Sea. My awesome assistants and printers in the U.S. took the ball from there.
 
Queen of Brains
7 Layer Screen Print by Burlesque of North America
16x22" Edition of 50 
David on the design: I might be most excited about this screen print. The master print makers at Burlesque of North America are doing a special CMYK process screen print with 3 additional spot colors to make this illustration really pop. A total of 7 layers. The concept of the piece has to do with the logical and intuitive hemispheres of the brain interpreting the same word in radically different ways.

These all go on sale today at today Wednesday at 3PM EDT at www.WelkerStudios.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in