Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Matt Siren Escape From New York Poster Release Details




1xRUN welcomes a new artist today Matt Siren. His art is heavily stimulated by images from the 1980's cartoons, video games, graffiti, heavy metal cd covers and posters in the Art Nouveau style, pinup and the emergence of modern day (computer generated) graphic design & branding. His work is iconic - both clean and gritty, using clean lines over textural backgrounds. In 2005, he created “Ghost Girl” as his signature icon in representing his current work.

"At the time the poster was conceived I was knee deep into drawing skulls and putting them on everything I drew. I had a few sketches of Spider-Man lying around I had done years earlier that I still thought were pretty good. I always wanted to do an "Amazing Spider-Man" cover, but never actually composed one. I tossed a few ideas around on paper incorporating things I loved about NY and my youth.

Each print has it's own unique background of tags and "hidden messages". What I like about this piece is that it touches upon a few different themes which may attract a wider audience than much of the other work I've created. I can see fans of New York, fans of comic books, and movie buffs all being drawn to the print." - Matt Siren

Escape From New York is a 26 x 40 Inches Hand-Embellished Screen Print w/ Spray Paint on Stonehenge Fine Art Paper. Each print in this RUN is uniquely hand-embellished and edge-deckled. Signed and numbered edition of 40.

On sale today at NOON EDT at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in