Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Todd Slater Stargate and Pacific Rim Posters On Sale

Todd Slater has released his artist copies of Stargate and Pacific Rim movie posters. Read on for details.

Details from Todd on the design:
I was 15 when Stargate was released in theaters in 1994 and I was immediately struck by it's epic scale and grand atmosphere. The character of Ra, the Egyptian solar deity, is the one that has really stayed with me all these years. I wanted to give Colonel Jack O'Neil and Dr. Daniel Jackson a glimpse of what awaited them at the other end of the wormhole. The two characters view their journey in different ways. Dr. Jackson's journey is filled with childlike wonder seeing something magnificent and awe inspiring while Colonel O'Neil bears an atomic bomb capable of producing cataclysmic results. We learn later in the film that the character of Ra is an alien life form who possessed the body of a young boy. I wanted to touch on this and add some tension to the image by showing his glowing blue eyes. The print is 8 colors and features 4 varieties of metallic gold and copper inks. There is also a hidden star chart in the background printed in a shiny black varnish. I hope that the image brings something new to the franchise and that you all enjoy it

NOTES: 24 x 36 inches /// 8 screens (4 metallic inks & a black varnish star chart layer) /// signed and numbered edition of 165 (AP's sold by me) /// holofoil variant to 75 /// officially licensed thru MGM and commissioned by skuzzles.com

Next up is his Pacific Rim poster, details from Todd:
 This was a difficult print to make because I wasn't allowed to see the film beforehand. Fortunately, I was given access to some unseen footage and a folder full of detailed reference materials from WB & Legendary. When I first began seeing the early images for Pacific Rim I was immediately struck but the scale of the Jaeger’s versus the humans. These pictures served as a reminder of how fragile human life is and I decided to create my image around this thought. There's a tenderness to Guillermo's spanish films that I wanted this print to touch on. I wanted to depict these giant machines as the protectors of humanity from the mysterious beasts that emerged beneath the ocean.

NOTES: 24 x 36 inches /// 10 screens (with a metallic keyline layer) /// signed and numbered edition of 175 (AP's sold by me) /// holofoil variant to 75 /// officially licensed thru Warner Brothers and Legendary Pictures and commissioned by oddcityentertainment.com

Buy them at ToddSlater.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in