Friday, October 11, 2013

Chuck Sperry Sex Crimes Tour Poster Release Details


Details from Chuck Sperry on his new poster:

I made this classic punk rock design for my friends in the band Sex Crime who will be touring Europe this October and November. Funny story, last August, I was delivering the large scale silkscreens from my Italian church installation to my friend’s restaurant Blue Valentine in Paris. When I arrived, we celebrated my arrival by going to a tiki bar for drinks. I was in Paris for one night only. One night, and I ran into my old gang!

Cecilia, who was in the classic punk band Les Terribles, appeared at the bar right next to me to order a drink. A few years ago Cecilia, a French girl, married Ryan from The Epoxies, and moved to Portland. So when I saw Cecilia out of the blue, I said, “Hey, what are you doing in Paris?” She laughed, returned, “What are you doing here?” (It was my friend Ywan’s birthday and everyone was downstairs in the VIP room. Ywan owns Born Bad, the coolest record store in Paris, where I had one of my first big shows in Paris about 8 years ago, and there he was with a bunch of our friends!)

When I was up in Portland for my retrospective, I looked up Cecilia and Ryan, and we hung out all week. It was very nice getting back in touch! Well, Ryan and Cecilia asked me to make a tour poster for their great new band, Sex Crime.

When I was back in Paris at the end of August I asked my friends Alex, Silvio and Pierre of Editions Penibles to print the tour edition of Sex Crime. That saved Ryan and Cecilia a bundle in duties. You may remember Alex from Editions Penibles who helped me print my PRIMUS poster from a couple years back. Same crew. Alex from Editions Penibles was my apprentice in Italy when I made the print studio there for a year in 2007, so we go way back. Editions Penibles are mad good printers, and they are very tight with all the best graffiti writers in Paris, so have a look at some of their posters HERE and “like” their Facebook page HERE.

Sex Crime Tour 2013
22 x 33 Edition of 100 2 colors on archival cream paper Signed and Numbered

Chuck will be making a very limited release of this poster on Sunday, October 13, 2013 at a random time at ChuckSperry.net

Also when you are there be sure to check the stories about exploring the catacombs in France and the new restaurant with his art work in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in