Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Glenn Barr The Ancients Print Release




Glenn Barr is back with a release through 1xRUN as part of the Pow Wow 2014 Featured Artists View Entire Series

"This piece is one of the few times I’ve given a figure extra arms. They come in handy when working machinery and flying contraptions. The original sold at my 2013 Spring solo exhibition at the Inner State gallery. The Detroit grand opening of the gallery last May was met with great success. It’s a beautiful space. The show was titled ROOMS where I was able to develop a cross section of the work I do. Part of the show consisted of images illuminating persons and places around the city ( based on fact and fiction ). The other half of the show I wanted to take people outside the city and into the realm of the fantastic and the “otherworldly” settings that patrons know me for: the ROOMS of my brain. This piece was painted in 2013 using acrylic on board. I pulled the idea from a drawing in my sketchbook. I remember it came together fairly fluidly, kind of a stream of consciousness product, as I tend to work that way." - Glenn Barr

On sale Tuesday at 3pm EST at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in