Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Dave Chappelle New York City Poster by Shepard Fairey


Pretty cool seeing Shepard Fairey doing the poster for Dave Chappelle's shows at Radio City Music Hall in New York this past week.

Shepard on the poster:
I was honored to be asked to do the illustration for Dave Chappelle’s return to New York City, which was used on the t-shirts that he gave his fans at Radio City Music Hall.  Dave Chappelle is one of comedy’s greats and I’ve always thought that he is hilarious, but also fiercely intelligent in his subversive critique of social and political structures. Chappelle plays by his own rules and I respect that.  If you’re like me and weren’t one of the lucky ones that got to see him perform at Radio City Music Hall this past week, pick up the print that I’m releasing on Wednesday. Hopefully I’ll get to see Chappelle perform live one of these days.-Shepard

The poster is 18 x 24 inch screen print on Speckletone paper.  Signed and numbered edition of 300.  $50 Available Wednesday June 25, 2014 in PRINTS at 10am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in