Monday, June 23, 2014

Taylor White Homeroom Print & Original Paintings Release Details


Taylor White has a new print release Monday from 1xRUN titled Homeroom along with some original paintings.

"This piece was an experimental marriage of digital and analogue techniques. It was reborn from a pile of old sketches I had made two years ago during preparations for my ‘Base Nature’ solo show in Melbourne, but it never saw the light of day. Good thing, too, as I was able to resurrect it and make it even better than it would have been had it been painted two years ago. I have the original gouache painting available.

This piece had originally been considered as part of my solo exhibition ‘Base Nature,’ held a couple of years ago when I lived in Melbourne. At the time the schoolboy theme didn’t quite mesh with the motifs that were coming out during the process of making that body of work, so I scrapped the idea. However, I’ve always thought that image to be quite a powerful and succinct representation of how I always felt about being in school, so it was always in the back of my mind as something to re-explore." - Taylor White

This print and 9 paintings go on sale at NOON EDT Monday at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in