Thursday, October 30, 2014

Mia Araujo Sante Muerte Print Release


Mia Araujo has a stunning new print release Thursday with 1xRUN. The print is titled Sante Muerte and will be sold as a regular edition or as hand embellished.

"I have long been fascinated by stories and characters, and the multi-faceted complexity that makes each person unique. I believe that all individuals contain the entire universe within them, which is invisible to the naked eye. My work concentrates on giving shape to the unseen forces within my subjects-- their thoughts, memories, emotions, and complex histories. These qualities fit together to form a vast, rich inner-landscape of identity and mythology for my characters.

For this painting I wanted the main figure to be a combination of the Aztec death goddess: Mictecacihuatl, the Virgin Mary, and the iconic image of a bride that marries death, to form this image of Santa Muerte. My favorite setting for day of the dead celebrations is a graveyard at night that is covered with flowers and candles." - Mia Araujo

On sale Thursday at NOON EDT at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in