Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Mike Giant 4:20 Print


1xRUN has a new print from Mike Giant that is nice looking letterpress print titled 4:20.

"These designs fit within my “Modern Hieroglyphics” series. Last year I was studying a lot of Egyptian hieroglyphs, trying to decipher their meaning based simply on what they looked like. Then I started to look at classic American tattoo designs and corporate logos in the same way. I tried to observe them as static objects, without their current meaning. When I imagine 500 years in the future, I believe the people at that time will look at our logos and tattoo designs in much the same way that I look at Egyptian iconography. So, in a way, this series is my gift to the future." - Mike Giant

Buy it at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in