Tuesday, February 3, 2015

John Wentz Icons Prints and Set Release Details




On Tuesday John Wentz returns to 1xRUN with a rockin new release of nine prints titled Icons. All 9 prints can be purchased in a set or you can buy individual prints of your favorites. There will be 4 originals for sale as well.

"These pieces started as part of a themed group show at Gauntlet Gallery in San Francisco back in November 2013. The theme was music and musicians, pretty wide open so I wanted to use it as a chance to break away from what I had been doing at the time. I hadn’t done any portraits in awhile, but I didn’t want to just do the standard portrait on canvas thing.

I’ve collected vinyl for years and it just so happened that a friend unloaded a bunch of records on me with the stipulation that not all were good, but I could have the gems in the collection if I took everything. So I was stuck with some bad classical, “Herb Alpert’s Tijuana Brass Band” and stuff like that. One thing lead to another and next thing I know, I am painting portraits on vinyl." - John Wentz

They all go on sale Tuesday at NOON EST at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in