Thursday, December 17, 2015

Shai Dahan Graff Equestrian I & II Print Release



It's always great getting emails from new artists and sometimes they turn out to be really really big time that I did not know about previously. Such as the case last night when I got an email from Shai Dahan about his print release today.

Here is a little about Shai in his own words:
I am a contemporary artist and muralist originally from the US but now living in Sweden.
I have painted murals in Poland, England, South Africa, Germany and many more and exhibited around the world as well.
I am also the curator and founder of No Limit Festival in Sweden which is a Street-Art festival that happens every year featuring a wonderful group of artists.

My artwork has always been a combination of fine art mixed with my history in graff culture.  As I developed my technique and style over the years, I always try to keep some form of "graffiti" into my artwork as it is a way to keep part of where I started in my work. Not just as a reminder for myself but also for those who enjoy the artwork.  I feel that I could have done one or the other (fine art or graff art) but I love the hybrid combination as it gives something rather unique.

As for this particular series of prints, I have long been painting horses.  Specially since I moved to Sweden 5 years ago.
I recently began exploring a new series of painting traditional Equestrian art (like the ones you find at country club with a horse in a meadow type painting) and wanted to remake those but with more of an urban feel.  Horses have always been strong, beautiful and adored for centuries in art. I feel now people have begun to develop the same appreciation for the street-art and graffiti art culture so it is a nice way to tie the two things I love painting the most.
Shai will be releasing two new prints today Thursday, December 17th.

The prints are of two new paintings recently created. Each artwork is of a horse with graffiti patterns and colors.  A beautiful combination of equestrian world and the urban city colors.

Each print can be purchased individually OR you can actually purchase them both as a bundle with a discount on the total.

The prints are limited only to 23 each. Printed on Hahnemühle William Turner 310g paper and are each signed and numbered. They are 50 cm X 64 cm in size. The price for each print works out to around $145 each.

The prints will become available for sale today at 12:00 noon (Sweden local time) which is 6AM EST.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in