Thursday, April 7, 2016

Tommy Ramone Shepard Fairey Poster Release



Shepard Fairey has a new Ramones poster coming out next week and this time it's for Tommy.
I first got into the Ramones in 1984 through my new circle of skateboarder friends and they quickly became one of my favorite groups. I saw them live in 1988 and 1989 and the shows were non-stop blistering action. I am honored to show portrait paintings of the four original Ramones at the Queens Museum exhibition Hey! Ho! Let’s Go: Ramones and the Birth of Punk, up April 10 through July 31 and then moving to the Grammy Museum in L.A. in September. This is my first portrait of Tommy Ramone, the original drummer and sometimes producer for the band, which I created as a painting to complement the other three for the museum. I was pleased with the results and decided to make this into a screen print based off of the fine art painting which I’m releasing in two colorways – a black and gold version and a black and red version. -Shepard
 Tommy Ramone Collage Red or Gold. 18 inches by 24 inches Screen Print.  Numbered edition of 350. Signed by Shepard Fairey.  $50.  Print based on photograph by Jenny Lens.
 Available Tuesday, April 12 at 10AM PDT on ObeyGiant.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in