Monday, August 19, 2013

David Chung Happiness Is Killed By Removing The Head or Destroying The Brain Print Release Details




If today's print being released by 1xRUN looks a little familiar it maybe since David Chung works full time during the day as a Background Designer for Nickelodeon and a fine artist by night.

"Lately I’ve been incorporating a lot of writing into my process, I’ll basically write up a concept or premise for who the characters are and what they’re doing. Next I’ll try to come up with character designs for them if I’m not reusing ones that I’ve previously designed, then I’ll sketch them out into a composition that I’m happy with. With this particular piece I did all my sketches and color comps digitally in Photoshop, afterwards I transfer the sketch onto my canvas or board and then start painting!

This piece was supposed to be based around the theme of “Zombies” and I’ve been feeling really overwhelmed and burnt out lately with work/life in general. With that, I became incredibly exhausted running only on fumes. I felt as if I myself had been bitten and infected by a zombie. I momentarily lost my happy outlook on life and became annoyed at anybody who projected happiness toward me. I felt as if I was being surrounded by fake cheerful idiots. So with this piece, I attempted to cheer myself back up by destroying their happiness. It worked." - David Chung

Happiness Is Killed By Removing The Head or Destroying The Brain is a 16 x 20 Inches Archival Pigment Print on 310gsm Museum Natural White Fine Art Paper with a signed and numbered edition of 40

On sale today at NOON EDT at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in