Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ron Zakrin The Hero Emerges On The Eve Of The Apocalypse Print On Sale Today


"I was initially going to have the girl playing a synthesizer, but it became clear that an arcade machine from my youth would be a perfect fit. Well, I was working on the piece, like I said, she was originally playing a Moog Voyager synthesizer. But sometimes I get tired of painting all of those knobs and tedious details that make a synth so goddam sweet. Fun to play a synth, hell to paint. The arcade cabinet solved this problem, without altering the dynamic I was going for. I put the cigarette in the girls mouth as a nod to all of my arcade heroes from back in the 80's, most of whom were 9th degree burnouts who swore at the machine and would smoke while chasing that high score so that they could write something dirty on the top board." - Ron Zakrin

This Timed RUN Ends January 28th at 3pm.
The print measures 16 x 20 Inches Archival Pigment Print on 330gsm Fine Art Paper

This RUN comes signed, numbered and with a Certificate of Authenticity from Ron Zakrin and 1xRUN.

On Sale Today at NOON EST at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in