Monday, November 18, 2019

Jay Ryan Landland June of 44 San Francisco Poster


Jay Ryan always tells the best stories:
LISTEN TO MY STORY, CHILDREN. When I was a much younger man, I left home and traveled the western world aboard a ragged vessel which took me and my mates from one end of this country to the other several times over, as well as far-flung places like Chile, Iceland, Croatia, and Baltimore. Several of those voyages were in the company of a fine batch of actual human pirates who called themselves June of 44, and we had glorious times, with many tales to tell, and many songs sung in the dead of night. While I don't take to those voyages much these days (due to my bum leg and all), I am delighted to see that those swarthy asses known as June of 44 have taken again to the high seas and played three shows along the west coast this last weekend. Reports have come in that there was much scorching and blazing by both sharks AND sailors.
More from Jay:
I was fortunate to get to collaborate with my friends Jes and Dan from LANDLAND on this poster. In October, Dan came back to Chicago from Minneapolis and we shoved an ink drawing back and forth across the kitchen table for a couple days. Jes worked remotely, performing her magic watercolor-paint-based tricks to add some grit and rust to thie piece, before Dan masterfully printed all six screens at his home base in Minneapolis.
Available now at both thebirdmachine.com and landland.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in