Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dickchicken Babydick art print from 1xRun


From Dickchicken:

The idea for this image started when someone tweeted at me "Thank you for bringing the humor and fun back to graffiti" with a hashtag saying "#thesecondcomingofkeithharing" I think this planted the seed. Now although I have a long way to go and much to do before a comparison like that can be rightly made, I did appreciate the sentiment. Fun was the whole reason I started doing this. The graffiti culture is based much in violence and negative energy. Plus they take themselves way too seriously for a glorified pissing contest.

I originally thought this was something ripe for parody while simultaneously entertaining/offending. My friend Phil Lumbang was in town and while sitting around making some pictures he suggested I do a Haring mashup. Instantly the image of haring's radiant baby popped into my mind. I thought of this image in particular because of its iconic nature. Also I thought this would be a nice homage to Keith. This is just a guess, but if he was still around, I bet he would be a fan of DICKCHICKEN.

All prints are Signed & Numbered by the Artist and come with a Certificate of Authenticity from 1xRUN.

18 x 24 inch 3 Color Silkscreen on 100lb Mr. French Paper

See the full picture and buy it at 1xRun.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in