Monday, November 30, 2015

Darin Shock N.W.A. The World's Most Dangerous Group Poster Release


Darin Shock will be releasing an N.W.A. inspired print entitled The World's Most Dangerous Group on Cyber Monday. This poster is personal passion project for Darin as he explains:
I personally credit 4 bands/groups for altering the musical direction of my life. When I was in the 5th grade, my 5-year-older sister irresponsibly introduced me to Eazy-E (and N.W.A.'s) album Eazy-Duz-It. For many reasons this album and movement became an immediate obsession that only grew as I got older. The lyrics, the lifestyle, the music, the anti-establishment nature, and the "cool" of it all was absolutely mesmerizing. I became infatuated with not only EVERYTHING N.W.A. related, I spent the next several years devoting my musical interest solely to hip hop (with an emphasis on West Coast gangsta rap). I personally consider gangsta rap to be my generation's"punk". Although N.W.A has always been a constant, over time I eventually developed interest in other music and all but lost interest in hip hop. I'm now that uncool middle aged white guy that doesn't particularly listen to new stuff but will never stop listening to the hip hop of the mid 80's to late 90's. I still say that N.W.A is a top 5 favorite group and I'll put their body of work up against anyone. They simply changed the world (and mine).
The print is a 24x12", 3 color screen print and an edition of 100. There are also 20 variants on rainbow and sparkle foil.

All will be available at 2pm EST here: http://stateofshockstudios.com/store.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in