Monday, June 27, 2016

Justin Santora Bonsai And Raiders Prints


Justin Santora has two new releases. One is a movie poster for Alamo Drafthouse, and  a poster for a special annual bonsai event in Delft, Netherlands.

Raiders! is a five color screen print on Cougar white cover. It measures 24x18" and was originally a signed and numbered edition of 75. Signed and numbered A/P copies are now available.

Bonsai Van Het Westen is a three color screen print on Cougar natural cover. It measures 18x24", and comes from a signed and numbered edition of 100. Also available in the store. $20.

Justin worked with Alamo Drafthouse and Mondo to create a poster for Raiders! The Story of the Greatest Fan Film Ever Made, a documentary about childhood friends who re-shot the original Raiders of the Lost Ark shot for shot.

Justin on the bonsai print:
One of the more interesting things I've done a poster for was a recent bonsai tree show in Delft, Netherlands. This was actually a very challenging drawing for me. I restarted it three or four times. Eventually things started falling into place, though! Thank you for all the comments and inquiries about this print. They are now available in the store.

As far as printing goes, this was another first for me. All three colors were split fountains, which for those who may not know, is that blended color effect. It's one of the first techniques I tackled way back when I was teaching myself how to print, but I've never done a print in which ever color was a split. For a minute there, I'd really forgotten how much I like using split fountains for lighting or atmospheric effects.
 Buy them at www.justinsantora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in