Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Jeff Soto The Black Keys France Tour Posters on sale today




Jeff Soto created an incredible poster for two dates on The Black Keys tour of Europe.

I'll leave the details of how he created to him:

The Black Keys are a great band that I've enjoyed for a number of years now. I was asked to do a poster for the French leg of their tour. Having experienced not only Paris, but smaller and friendlier Lyon last year, I wanted to give the people of France another taste of my work, and hopefully a nice poster to commemorate the show.

The inspiration was sculptural works I got to see in France, in particular those celebrating the French Revolution. I designed the poster loosely as a representation of Marie Antoinette's head. I wanted it to be beautiful and sculptural, and maybe just a bit tragic. I don't know where the Black Key's music fits in, but to me, it works well. There is something tragic in their music, there's passion and angst and sexiness, and I tried to put all that in.

The lettering was inspired by the fonts used in the Paris Metro. I couldn't believe them the first time I saw them. It reminded me of 60's era hippy letters, but older looking. I think my friends in Paris take it for granted that they're surrounded by this beautiful old design work. I live on the west coast, so we never see any signs that old!


This is a five color 18" x 24" screenprint on Cream Speckletone paper.

There will be three color variants available:
"Jaune" (Light yellow background)
The standard colored prints that were available at the shows. Edition of 200 (much less will be available)
$50 + shipping

"Pourpre" (Purple background)
Edition of 25, less available. $70 + shipping

"Vert" (Lime green background)
Edition of 10, less available. $100 + shipping

These will be available at www.potatostamp.com on Wednesday, January 25th at 1pm PST.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in