Friday, July 29, 2016

Jim Evans TAZ blink 182 Dallas Poster World Premiere Exclusive


Blink-182 will be in Dallas tonight, and Jim Evans / TAZ took time out from surfing to knock out a poster for the show.

The size of the poster is 18x24, and it’s a 7-color silkscreen featuring a split fountain. It is printed on #100 Cougar paper. There will be 100 signed and numbered pieces.

Jim had this to say about the design:
Blink-182 is the band I listen to when I’m snowboarding, they never let up, just keep pushing, and their latest album is great, with my favorite title ever. When given the chance to do a poster for them, I took it. One of the few bands that still carries a hint of danger, I wanted to do something funny, but weird. Something like, “Mothers protect your children, Blink-182 is here!” The signature rabbit replaced the original idea of a baby being squeezed by a snake. Having visited Dallas a few times recently, I choose a classic rock layout, so it looked like the ubiquitous insignias all over Dallas. In fact, I always choose Texas shows whenever possible, just seems like the place where rock should be played.
Pierre and the crack team at www.LimitedRuns.com have the posters on sale now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in