Thursday, July 18, 2019

Scott Listfield Walrus Art Print Release By PangeaSeed


PangeaSeed Foundation is pleased to announce the latest print release for their 2019 print project, "In Peril". Featuring original artwork by supporting ARTivist Scott Listfield (USA). This limited art print edition highlights climate change and habitat loss.

Artist: Scott Listfield (USA)
Title: "Walrus"
Dimensions: 20x20 inches with half inch border
Edition size: Limited edition of 75 plus 5 APs signed/numbered by the artist
Pricing: $75 plus shipping

Available: Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 12pm PDT via shop.pangeaseed.org

Artist Statement:
After many years living in Boston, I recently relocated to Los Angeles. When I first got into town, I was staying in a very temporary housing situation near Hollywood. And it felt temporary. Everything felt temporary. I felt unmoored for the first time in a while, I had no place I could really call home, and it was unsettling. Everywhere I went I felt like the astronaut in my paintings, exploring a world that seemed familiar but which I didn't totally understand.

I had left Boston because I was sick of shoveling snow. I mean, there was a lot more to it than that, but I did really hate it. The winters had become increasingly intolerable. Whether that was a short term trend or part of a larger environmental shift, I couldn't say. I landed in Los Angeles in October and the mountains above Malibu were on fire. The mountains here are beautiful. The ones back home are much smaller, although they burn less frequently, I guess. I had moved very far from home, and for a little while I felt like I was just one more person pushing my way outwards, filling up the available space.

The winters will probably keep getting worse, and the fires will too. I wonder what will happen when they stop getting worse. Will we still be around? How many animals will be left? Maybe the winters in Los Angeles will be more like Boston, or maybe Boston will be more like Los Angeles. I hope the Walrus will have some place they can call home. Maybe it'll be here in LA. The mountains here are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in