Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Tara McPherson Drift Letterpress Print Pow Wow Hawaii



Alongside their friends at POW! WOW! 1xRUN are excited to announce the 5th Annual 1xRUN x POW! WOW! Hawaii Print Suite featuring the 2017 roster for POW! WOW! Hawaii! They kicked things off on February 8th and releases will run until February 23rd! 1xRUN will also be back at Lana Lane for the 5th Annual 1xRUN x POW! WOW! Print Exhibition which will run from the 14th through 18th. Be sure to stop by and see them if you're out in Honolulu and if you can't make it be sure to snag your favorites while you still can.

One of the new releases is from Tara McPherson with a letterpress print titled Drift. It's a 17 x 17 4-Color Letterpress Print On 290gsm Coventry Rag Fine Art Paper. You can also chose a hand embellished editions as well. 

Tara talks Pow Wow and art:
We are here in Hawaii for Pow! Wow! and things are going so wonderfully. The jetlag has passed, we have eaten Poke, and have gotten some sun, and now it's time to paint paint paint!

This week is all about my image 'Drift' that I created for my mural for Pow! Wow! Hawaii!! I started the mural last night and will begin painting today. I signed the amazing letterpress print by 1xRun of my Pow! Wow! peice, and it goes on sale today! And I'll be hand embellishing the special edition this afternoon. And the opening at the Honolulu Museum of Art was great and all the pieces look awesome! Yay Hawaii!!

If you happen to be on Oahu, you can find me painting all week at the corner of Cooke and Auahi in Kaka'ako, and you can visit my mural anytime there after! We also have a little pop up shop at Pow! Wow! inside Lana Lane Studios around the corner from my mural, and at Big Bad Wolf where you can find a small selection of prints, pins and stickers!
Purchase the main edition letterpress here!
Purchase the hand embellished edition here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in