Monday, July 23, 2018

Darin Shock 311 Summer Tour Poster Release



Darin Shock did the 311 Summer Tour poster and they will be going on sale this Tuesday (7-24-18) at 2pm EDT. There will be a regular edition, a glow-in-the-dark variant, a rainbow, thatched and tinsel foil. For those that are interested, they'll be available at www.stateofshockstudios.com.

Darin talks about his concept for the poster:
I also thought I'd talk a little about this design. Since I was a little kid, my Dad had a vintage Seeway jukebox in his living room. I was always fascinated by it and played it incessantly. He introduced me to a lot of music via this jukebox. He would also change out the records to reflect the season (such as Halloween records around Halloween, Christmas records around Christmas, etc.) which I loved. Basically, I've held this jukebox in high regard for a long time.

I therefore thought it would be interesting to depict my son, Oakley, standing in front of the jukebox...just as I did as a kid. On one level it's sort of a passing of time concept, which I thought would be fitting given 311's longevity. I find it compelling that so many fans are now able to share their affection for their band with their children...as my Dad did with me. On another level the design is about feeling youthful, curious and passionate about music. All beautiful things that I relate to 311 and their fanbase.
Also wanted to note that the dates and cities of the Never Ending Summer Tour are listed in the spaces where song titles would normally be. In fact, there are a few song selections in there as well...all chosen by the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in