Thursday, July 19, 2018

Josh Keyes Float & Frontier 1 Art Prints Release



1xRUN are excited to welcome in painter Josh Keyes as he joins them for two very special releases! First off they've got Keyes' iconic "Float" which drops on July 20th, to coincide with the Apollo 11 moon landing way back in 1969. In classic space race storytelling "Frontier I" drops on October 4th to sync up with the anniversary launch of the Russian Sputnik satellite all the way back in 1957. With the drop of each interspatial release 1xRUN will drop extremely limited quantities of matching two print sets.

Edition Size: 250
SIZE 24 x 18 Inches
TYPE Archival Pigment Print on 290gsm Moab Fine Art Paper

This RUN comes signed, numbered and with a Certificate of Authenticity from Josh Keyes and 1xRUN.
"The conception of both paintings rattled inside my mind for a few months before the image gelled. I spent some time watching footage of NASA missions and looking up at the stars at night, just thinking what if, and maybe.
I was stuck in indecision for a long time whether or not to make these paintings. The setting in space was so foreign to my previous work. I worked on some other paintings, but the idea of deep infinite space kept creeping through my thoughts. I guess the turning point was just to dive in and see what would happen. I was aware of Jeremy Geddes beautiful astronaut paintings, and wanted to find my own voice for working with this subject matter.

I think they are successful in that I accomplished what I set out to express. I would enjoy revisiting this theme in the future. I think the imagery is interesting and wacky, and when I look at the print, it transports me someplace far, far away. I like art that leaves me slightly confused and with unanswered questions. If you need another reason, the paper and printing quality are top notch." - Josh Keyes
On sale Friday July 20 at NOON EDT at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in