Tuesday, April 9, 2019

David Welker Ghosts of the Forest Philadelphia Poster Release


According to David Welker "I was very excited to do a new piece for Trey Anastasio's latest side project "Ghosts of the Forest" at their Philadelphia show last week. I feel like this imagery has been in my subconscious for a very long time and this was the perfect opportunity to get it out onto paper. I appreciate Trey's heart, vision and dedication. It takes a certain kind of will to do what he does and his complexities and sincerity are always evident in everything he does. I tried to reflect that in this piece. Love, sincerity, mystery, and exploration.
My personal copies are the last one hundred numbers from the show edition of five hundred. For those who attended the show, I'm sorry I didn't have time to have the edition shipped to me for signing prior to the event. My personal copies will be signed and for anyone attending my gallery grand opening on June first in Brooklyn I will happily sign your show copies in person."

The screen print is a concise 19x14" and is a five layer screen print expertly crafted by The Half & Half in South Carolina with a subtle push pull between warm and cool metallic inks. The feel is oddly reminiscent of moonlight in a dreamscape.

For David's gallery grand opening on June 1st, he will have a special full color art print version of this piece titled "From Stars Returning". The opening will be from 2-6pm eastern at 60 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY.

Ghosts of the Forest will be available on his web store page HERE Tuesday, April 9th at 12PM EDT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in