Tuesday, October 30, 2012

KMNDZ Sucker Free Print On Sale Today





"This piece was my first painting of a face. I had such a hard time I must have painted it around five time before I felt I got it right. Merry Karnowsky challenged me to step out side my comfort zone and paint a figure. It was intended to be an exercise. In the process, I found my self falling in love with painting all over again. The original piece was finished March 2012, it was painted on Luan wood. I tend to gesso my pieces with black golden paint. Colors used are golden Acrylic paints. Once piece is finished it varnished with Soluvar from Liquitex." - KMNDZ

Johnny "KMNDZ" Rodriquez attributes his success in commercial design as a direct result of his passion for art. “I didn’t choose a career in visual design. It chose me. Draw, paint, design, take pictures… it’s what I do and always have done.” KMDNZ is about both the past and the future. “Anyone who’s ever touched a Mac, knows that the keystroke combination ‘command’ + ’z’ = ‘undo’. After using it day in and day out at work, I started wishing that I had an ‘undo’ action for everyday life. We’ve all done things that we wished we hadn’t, and said things that we would like to take back.”

Sucker Free is 9 x 13 Inches Archival Pigment Print on 330gsm Fine Art Paper with a signed and numbered edition of 65

On Sale today at NOON EDT at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in