Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Laura Bifano Morsel Print On Sale Today




"The painting was originally done for a show at Thinkspace Gallery called “Picks of the Harvest.” I had played around with a few ideas initially, but nothing seemed to take shape until I took a road trip up Vancouver Island to visit family. The scenery was stunning emerald green farmland dotted with grazing sheep, so I used that as a jumping off point for the painting. I’ve always loved English Pastoral paintings and knew right away that I wanted to do something in a similar vein. I decided to introduce a predatory element to this otherwise idyllic scene, and a family of Wolves seemed appropriate. At the time I was also watching a steady stream of BBC nature documentaries and it got me in a contemplative mood, thinking about the cycles of life, death, and rebirth. I think that introducing the element of these artificial pixel sheep adds a touch of whimsy and levity to an otherwise morbid image." - Laura Bifano

Morsel is a 20 x 17 Inches Archival Pigment Print on 330gsm Fine Art Paper with a signed and numbered edition of 30.

Each print will be hand-embellished by Laura Bifano

On sale today at 1xRUN.com at NOON EDT 

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in