Saturday, March 8, 2014

Tonight's Avett Brothers Boston Poster by Todd Slater


The Avett Brothers are in Boston tonight for a show at the TD Garden and Todd Slater has another incredible poster for the band.

I asked Todd about the design:

I've always been drawn to the feeling of light versus dark in the Avett's music. While listening to Magpie and the Dandelion I picked up on a theme of innocence lost, and used these 2 themes as a tipping point for my imagery. The crow seizing the pocket watch is my representation of innocence lost... essentially he is stealing time. I included the framework of a rose window in the background without the stained glass as a reference to both purity and again light versus dark.-Todd Slater
 The poster is an edition of 200. Todd will have some on sale soon so head over to ToddSlater.net and get on his mailing list so you know when they go on sale. 

1 comment:

  1. Todd Slater may be the greatest poster artist since Jim Franklin and Guy Juke -- what is it about the firewater in Texas that produces these artists?

    ReplyDelete

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in