Monday, November 10, 2014

Dum Dum Girls Dallas Poster by Lance Lester


Lance Lester did the poster for Dum Dum Girls and their show this last Friday in Dallas.  It's 18" x 24", two color on 100# cougar white card stock.

I asked Lance about the design :
When I set out in the sketching process of this poster, I took into account how stylized everything about the band is from their look, to album art and their videos. I've been a fan of the band for a few years now and there has always been an underlying sense of sadness that goes along with the look of the band, and I wanted to incorporate something feminine into the design. So, I thought a rose would be nice, but, I didn't want it to be overly feminine and dainty. After listening to their albums again and watching the video for "Too True To Be Good" and "Lost Boys and Girls Club" I figured the flower imagery fit right in to their style. I happened upon the idea of putting a skull face in the middle of a beautiful flower. After several drafts on text I tried out the using the band name, venue, date and city in the shape of a vase and it was everything I was trying to get across in the design. I was extremely blown away when Dee Dee found me in the middle of a packed venue asking if I designed the poster and how beautiful she thought it was.

Buy it in Lester's Etsy Shop 

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in