Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Sarah Joncas Makes Her 1xRUN Debut With Dirty Show Print


Toronto artist Sarah Joncas makes her debut with 1xRUN today with her Dirty Show print.

"This piece was made for an erotic art show in 2011, so the idea was just to make something sexy. Sexuality is normally something touched upon in my work, but this was an opportunity to just have fun with it. I usually find the more dark and mysterious to be beautiful, so it was inevitable that I'd make her have a less than bubbly kind of sex appeal.

The group show that this piece was supposed to be a part of actually ended up falling through a month before it was to take place. Though disappointing, I continued on with this painting and it ended up being one of my most popular. So, I suppose I should be more thankful than anything - I may not of even put the time into the idea if the show hadn't been offered to me!" - Sarah Joncas

This print is a 15 x 20 Inches Archival Pigment Print on 300gsm Museum Natural Fine Art Paper with a signed and numbered edition of 40

On sale today at NOON EDT at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in