Monday, September 16, 2013

Dexter Morgan Sculpture By Darin Shock





Next Sunday will be the last episode of another one of my favorite shows Dexter. Darin Shock is also a big fan of the show and wanted to do something for the end.

I'll let him tell you about:

I wanted to try something new and produce (sort of) my own line of toys/statues. I have several characters in mind and a few already in production. The first one I've had time to finish is Dexter. It's a one of a kind, hand crafted, 16" tall and 5" wide mixed media statue. 
Dexter seemed like an appropriate first release considering we're down to the final week of his existence. I fell in love with this show the moment I discovered it. It was after season 4 aired so (thanks to Netflix) I had the chance to rock the first 4 seasons in immediate fashion. I've had Showtime ever since. Ive said it before but I LOVE when a show, book or film makes you root for a heavily flawed character! There's something positively novel about that. Tony Soprano, Hannibal Lecter, & Tony Montana are a few other examples that immediately come to mind. Regardless, the show is brilliant, the writing is brilliant, and I'm sad to see Dexter go. Hopefully they'll wrap it up in a deserving anti-Soprano fashion. Man, that ending scarred me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in