Thursday, May 29, 2014

Todd Slater Summer Camp Music Festival Posters


Details from Todd Slater on his new poster:

Hey everyone, I've just added copies of my recent Summer Camp Festival print to my site and here's a few thoughts about the imagery:

I showed my friend Rob Jones the fall Widespread Panic print months ago and he suggested I follow it up with one made of roses and branches. I liked the idea but knew it would read as a tribute to the Grateful Dead and didn't want to do that for WP. So I sat on the thought until Summer Camp approached me. It's difficult to represent 100+ bands with a single image which makes festival prints more challenging than a single gig poster. Many of the bands performing at Summer Camp are paying some kind of respect to the Dead in regards to their performance style and touring habits and I decided the imagery worked best here.

NOTES: 18 x 24 inches /// 5 screens /// signed and numbered artist editions: 55 on hunter green paper, 30 on black metallic paper & exclusive navy metallic edition of 20 /// numbered copies sold at Summer Camp Festival: edition of 300 on hunter green paper and 100 on black metallic paper /// May 23-25, 2014 in Chillicothe, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in