Monday, October 19, 2009

Jacob Borshard newest Nakatomi Release, “The Sinking of the Oruko Ship”


Jacob Borshard intensely labored for a week in Nakatomi Print labs to bring the world his newest 8 color print- "The Sinking of the Oruko Ship"

Measuring 18x24, this print is available in a signed and numbered edition of 40 worldwide. This Ukiyo-e style print has the Japanese text of that classic traditional poem, translated below-

Mer-man rose from the murky depths,
He turned our ship over and ate it up,
The waves washed me to the rocks,
Where a shell diver found me,
And took me to her Grandfather's hut.
I was ill for weeks,
She brought me hot green tea,
And seaweed soup,
With Urchins,
Fresh cut,
Plucked by her small ocean hands.
One day, she took me to the sea,
Where she unfurled her tail,
And swam away.
Whenever I hear of Mer-man attacking,
I think of her small ocean hands.

The detail thumbnails are images of the actual print. You can see more of Jacob's work at Creebobby Comics.

Buy it at Nakatomi for only $30

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in