Friday, December 13, 2013

Darin Shock The Goonies "Truffle Shuffle" Art for Crazy 4 Cult 7 Show






Darin Shock has created another killer mixed media piece that will be in the Gallery1988 Crazy 4 Cult 7 show that opens in New York tonight from 7-10 PM. Bowery & 3rd St.

Inspired by The Goonies, "Truffle Shuffle" is a 36" x 4" x 20" mixed media sculpture

Darin on the art :
There are very few scenes in the history of cinema as classic (and reminiscent of my childhood) as the "truffle shuffle". Like any other kid in the 80s I was obsessed with The Goonies. The idea that an ancient treasure themed adventure could be initiated with Dad's crap in the attic was fascinating. Aside from the journey, every character was unique and relatable. From Mikey to Chunk to Data to Mouth...I was a little bit of all of them. The film has so many memorable quotes and moments but none come close to Chunk earning his way into the house via truffle shuffle. Forcing the fat kid to humiliate himself for acceptance is funny enough but isn't entirely the point. The shuffle itself is monumental. It's hysterical. It's also simultaneously mean spirited and innocent...which is a rare and lovely contradiction.
I don't know what else to say other than this is a film that will always stick with me. It's sort of my generation's Wizard of Oz. The truffle shuffle is the pinnacle and most memorable moment of the film for me. I've

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in