Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Black Keys Shepard Fairey Los Angeles Poster



It's always good to see Shepard Fairey doing posters for rock bands and tomorrow night he is doing the one for The Black Keys show in Los Angeles at The Forum.

Shepard talks about the poster:
After creating the posters for the Black Keys shows at Madison Square Gardens in 2012, I was honored to be asked to do the LA Forum poster for the band’s Turn Blue tour. The Black Keys are one of my favorite bands and they have been making consistently great albums. Their newest, Turn Blue, rocks as always, but has a brooding, soulful, psychedelic side as well. I love the art for the album, designed by Patrick Carney’s brother Michael, so I decided I should riff off of that art and color palette for my show poster. I’m very happy with how the black, metallic silver, electric blue, and pink work together on the grey paper. Jake Bugg is excellent also, so I’m looking forward to the show.
-Shepard
 The poster is 18 x 24 inch screen print, numbered edition of 600. Signed by Shepard Fairey. $45. Release date: Thursday November 6, 2014 at a random time between 10am and 12 noon PST on Obeygiant.com. 325 available through website, 250 available at the Forum show on Thursday November 6th in Inglewood, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in