Thursday, April 14, 2016

Zeb Love Walt Whitman Print And Serigraphy Book Release






Zeb Love has couple of great releases today through 1xRUN. A Walt Whitman print on paper and wood plus his first ever book titled Serigraphy.
"The original idea came from one afternoon browsing through the library, looking for any sort of inspiration. At the time I was reading a lot of Walt Whitman poems. I accidentally stumbled across an image of him, and thought I'd do a quick sketch. Seems like it was a synchronicity. I let it sit in my sketchbook for awhile, then reached out to 1xRun to see if they'd be interested in publishing this print along with my book.

Walt’s expression of connectivity and spirituality is so profound. His poems and writings still ring true to this day. The text that is on the bottom of the print is an excerpt from his poem ‘A Song of the Rolling Earth’: Whoever you are! motion and reflection are especially for you,
The divine ship sails the divine sea for you.
Whoever you are! you are he or she for whom the earth is solid and liquid,
You are he or she for whom the sun and moon hang in the sky,
For none more than you are the present and the past,
For none more than you is immortality." - Zeb Love
The book is hand made with some of the very best material. Serigraphy is a beautifully unique book in that each copy is different! Each page is one of Zeb Love's screen printed posters that he printed himself. There are around 50 pages per book and each book is one of a kind, including rare/old prints , test prints, and actual printing films. The books were also screen printed and assembled locally in Pittsburgh, PA.
"This book was definitely a labor of love. I gathered all my inventory I planned on using for the books. Cut each poster in specific crops to accent the art. Made piles of approximately 45-50 pages of posters. Spread them all throughout my apartment. Assembling each one with a unique layout, and assortment of rare prints. After all my parts were done, handed them off to my friends at Modesto. They created a hardbound cover, gold foiled some maroon cloth, silkscreened the interior with metallic gold, and bound all my pages together." - Zeb Love
 Buy them at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in