Friday, April 8, 2016

Kukula Decoupage Print Series Release





1xRUN are excited to welcome back Israeli-born artist Kukula as she returns with two beautiful new prints Sicille and Blue Jane! 
"I made these pieces around the same time for 2 different group shows. They were both inspired by 19th century portraits, when the hair style took an important part in showing the wealth in paintings of young women. Sicille was inspired by Dolce & Gabana previous collection. the collection is very catholic, though I’m Jewish, I’m very much inspired by the catholic church (for many reasons we won’t get into now.) I don’t often use black combined with red in such a graphic way, but I love how they used in their designs. Blue Jane was inspired by an English made china bone tea cup I saw in one of my tea cups collection books." - Kukula
Both are on sale at NOON EDT Friday at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in