Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Who North American Tour Posters By Chuck Sperry



Chuck Sperry will have his The Who, 50th Anniversary North American Tour posters featuring Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend on sale later this week.

“Pete Townshend”
21 x 31 inches, 7 colors on cream paper
Signed and Numbered (unframed) Edition of 600 (Numbers 101-200 available)

“Roger Daltrey”
31 x 21 inches, 7 colors on cream paper
Signed and Numbered (unframed) Edition of 600 (Numbers 101-200 available)

Details from Chuck on the design of the posters:
My successful collaboration with The Who continues with a pair of matching posters commemorating one of the greatest bands on earth as they continue their 50th Anniversary North American Tour. I am deeply honored to present my portrait posters of Who icons Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend.

I felt the designs should reflect a fresh take on a psychedelic attitude which has transformed the world from the neighborhood I call home. I recruited my talented Haight-Ashbury neighbor, famed rock photographer, Michael Zagaris and he offered me iconic photos of The Who to use with his permission for the project. The work of another Haight-Ashbury neighbor, light show genius, Bill Ham, served as an inspiration for the psychedelic light painting backgrounds. I’ve had the great pleasure to work with Michael Zagaris and Bill Ham on numerous projects over the years, and their work and spirit has served as an important source of guidance and inspiration.

I poured my love for The Who into the seven hand-screenprinted colors of both of my limited edition posters. I printed both posters in heavy gold and silver, hand mixed inks. A very subtle lavender pearlescent glaze has been printed over both Roger and Pete which adds a near subliminal luster to the gold metallic, and tingling pearlescent sparkle to the white areas in both figures. I’m extremely happy with the result, and couldn’t be more proud to have made these two pieces of art for one of the best rock bands on earth!
  Chuck will be making a very limited online release of his artist reserve of The Who 50th Anniversary North American Tour posters on Sunday, April 17, 2016 at a random time at ChuckSperry.net .

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in