Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Iggy Pop New York Poster by Todd Slater World Premiere Exclusive


I saw my first Iggy Pop concert back in 1987 and loved every second of it. The next time I saw him was when he opened for Pearl Jam in 1998. I think I was one of about 20 people standing up and loving the show. Now at almost 69 years old he released an album that he worked on in secret with Josh Homme in the desert, Post Pop Depression. When I heard they were touring as well it was a no brainer to get tickets. The tour features pairings with his new material along with selections drawn entirely from the 1977 albums “The Idiot” and “Lust for Life” — his fabled Berlin work with David Bowie. As everyone has said during the tour, it's an incredible night of music that should not be missed having seen the show the new material actually sounds better live and Josh is a stud.

So with all that being said it really is a great honor to debut exclusively Todd Slater's poster for Iggy Pop in New York at the United Palace Theatre tonight.

The poster is 24x18 inches, 7 color screen print and an edition of 230 at the show. There will also be 20 foil variants available at the show.
 
I asked Todd about the design:
 I read a recent article with Iggy in the NY Times where he noted that Bowie resurrected him.  The two albums of his that really knock me out are The Idiot and Lust for Life, which are the two Bowie produced.  My depiction is a subtle representation of their meeting: the two toned eyes wolf passes secrets off to the wild dog.  I will likely create an art print of this image at a later date to be titled: The Thin White Duke & The Passenger.
Get on Todd Slater's mailing list if you want to know when this goes on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in