Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Ricky Lee Gordon & PangeaSeed Throw A Drop of Water Art Print Release


PangeaSeed is pleased to announce the latest print release of their ongoing Sea of Change: The Year of Living Dangerously - Vol. 4 print suite by guest artist Ricky Lee Gordon (South Africa). The highlighted marine species of this edition is the endangered whale shark.

Artist: Ricky Lee Gordon
Title: "THROW A DROP OF WATER INTO THE OCEAN TO PREVENT IT FROM DRYING UP"
Dimensions: 27x27 inches
Edition size: 25 plus 5 APs signed and numbered by the artist
Paper: Italian cold press water color paper with hand deckle edges
Each print is hand finished with French ink wash and graphite by the artist making the edition incredibly unique.

On sale now via shop.pangeaseed.co

Artist statement:

My art allows me to explore my understanding of non duality, how we are in-separate from anything and everything. We are nature.I am you and you are me.

Yet we are disillusioned by a sense of self and because of this we cause harm to the environment and therefore to ourselves. Our natural world is dying around us and the solution lies in an awakening to this universal force of interconnection. My grandparents traveled the world diving and my grandmother would come home with stories of beauty and mystery from the depth of the oceans so when I was old enough I started diving myself and because of the travels that my art blesses me with I have been lucky to also now dive around the world.

The most awe inspiring and magical moment was when I got to swim alongside a Whale shark off the raw coast of Madagascar. Watching it dive into the deep blue abyss and reemerge through the suns lights rays is an image that is imprinted in my mind and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in